Monday, May 4, 2009

Did I NOT blog one single day in April???

Five perfect small blue eggs
5 perfect little house wren babies

Mama is watching me watch her!


Yep, they are all there and thriving



Oh look, only two left, we watched the Mom and Dad come and persuade the babies to fly the coop! These two are reluctant, but ready!




Empty nest says it all....





That is a rhetorical question...... the heading, I mean...not the empty nest (altho I know what an empty nest feels like...lonely/quiet/finished.)
oh dear, I am terribly sorry and all. If you missed me, I was still here, just not much to share altho I had a lovely April and no catastrophes that I can recall....and May is going quite nicely so far......I feel a bit like Alice as she falls down the tunnel......life is passing me by very quickly and I have no idea where I will end up...well, I mean I know where I ultimately will end up...but for this here and now...I still am waiting to turn the page. I have made some very strong decisions about my health. I am watching what I eat very closely...using http://www.sparkpeople.com/ an excellent FREE site for healthy weight loss. I am working hard on my $ habits (learning new areas of self-control is painful friends!) I take a cart and do my twice around Target all the while saying, "can't eat this...can't eat that, can't buy this, won't buy that!" painful.......I think my source of happiness quite honestly came from food and stuff I bought. Pitiful. So I sit here and I want to eat SOMETHING probably salty or chocolate....but I WILL NOT. I will eat yet another delicious tangerine! Yes, I am coming face-to-face with the truth about Cathy! I have lost 8 lbs so far. I am not trying to loose weight to fit into a size 8...I want my numbers to go down for my blood work as in cholesterol and diabetes and blood pressure and oh yes, my liver count too....none of which are yet over the top....but I am heading that way and if I simply use a bit of self-control and change some bad (not illegal or immoral) habits...I could make a huge difference in the next 20 years of my life (Lord willing).
I have also discovered http://www.daveramsey.com/ and am totally hooked on the Total Money Makeover! so....that has been my April....and will be my May....etc.
I did do a desert tea for the local library and if you would like to see a slide show of the event here is the link.
ttfn
tts
cathy

1 comment:

Joyce Mineer said...

I've missed you!!! I've looked for you every day but, alas, no bud to be found...What a nice surprise to find you here this afternoon!! Glad to hear all is well in your world and congratulations on the weight loss. I'm going immediately to the website you provided! I'm looking to drop 10 LBS myself! I'm hoping to make Linda's get together next Wednesday and, if so, hoping to see you there, too! Hugs - Joyce