Thursday, September 3, 2009

We're heading back!

Good Thursday everyone!
We are heading back to the "lake" for a fun-filled Labor Day Weekend! Sarah is helping me set up camp today so we can hopefully get a prime spot on good ol Loop 2....usually packed out....we will hope that folks are planning on coming tomorrow and we will slip in ahead of the crowd. Who knows? Some years it is very busy, others---dead. We have rented a pontoon for a morning and that should be fun. Packing light, well, lighter. No AC, no multiple chairs (just our 2), leave a big fan home, and some other stuff. The weather has taken it's cue from the calendar and is just a bit cooler, high in the 80s which makes for delightful camping weather. The nights dip into the 60s so we will be cozy. Celebrating granddaughter Jazmine's 14th BDay. Hooray for J. She is a lovely young lady who is very talented, smart and above all, kind. She is a delight. We love her dearly.
Oh, this camping trip I have made detailed menus in order to avoid taking too much food or not having what I need....since we are going for a short time, I don't want to spend any of it rushing out for an ingredient! I found a neat site here
it is full of good info and recipes and she is fun to watch. check it out! Perhaps I will do a "cooking show" video and share with you on the blog! Well, the sun is shining, the weather is "crisp" and autumn is on its way, another year heading into the stretch. 9/11 is fast approaching. Halloween decor is taking the place of "back-to-school". I was in KMart yesterday taking advantage of the great clearance prices on all things "Martha". I am so sad to see her leave KMart! I bought wonderful blankets, glassware and two sets of dishes all at unbelievable prices....we will use the blankets, the dishes were for Amy and the glassware for Sarah, so I didn't add much to our home inventory. I also began boxing up the summer decor for storage. I am so excited to begin this process which will end with our belongings going into long term storage while we travel for a good long while!
Oh, below is a photo of what 60 looks like.....

ttfn
tts
cathy

No comments: