Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hello everyone,
Since St. Patrick's Day falls on the Monday of Holy Week this year, the Pope declared last Saturday, the 15th, the day to observe St. Patrick's day this year....at least for the Roman Catholics....now all us other folk can enjoy the "wearin 'o the green" two days this year! Paul did his parade thing on Saturday...weather was perfect and the whole day was excellent. We were downtown Raleigh at 7am to set up....didn't leave until after 4pm (Paul left at 5) we were totaled. I even got sunburned on my face! (I didn't know what it was at first, duh!)
Today I have our corned beef and cabbage cooking in the crock pot (since 7am) so should be good and tender by 6!
Am beginning to get my head together about the Spring Tea this Thursday.
Trader Joe's had some interesting items....I will make a great cold soup for the first course...menu will be posted later this week....of course I will make my FAMOUS SCONES, lemon curd and clotted cream! Who knows what else...I am getting a big excited about it actually....
Will post more on the tea as the day draws nearer!
ttfn
tts
Cathy

No comments: