Sunday, April 6, 2008

ON THE ROAD WITH....

Good Sunday morning friends!

The dh and I are in Atlanta this weekend. We had a chance to see dear friends from over 30 years ago. Karen and Ron live in New Mexico and we don't get a chance to see them often, so when we found out they would be so close, of course we "trotted" on down! The drive down was very enjoyable because #1 it was a Saturday and the roads were quite a bit less crowded. and #2 the roads were excellent. An easy 7 hr drive. Along the way we saw.....

THE OSCAR MEYER WEINER

Friends, for me, this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!!!

Now, we are staying in a lovely spot in Buckhead. Today we plan on attending church with our friends and then lunch and a bittersweet goodbye. Dh and I will stay on another night and find something to do while here. I have heard the new acquarium is quite impressive....who knows. It has just been very relaxing and fun to see our dear friends and get away for a bit.

ttfn

tts

cathy

4 comments:

Joyce Mineer said...

Good morning! I am SO glad to hear from you! I've "virtually" missed you - hadn't seen a post in awhile. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend together and making memories...and I've heard the aquarium is certainly worth the trip. I was in a conference hall right near there recently and was drooling to get in. But it was a work trip and no time for fun! Hope you come home with pics to share! Can't wait to see you later this week. Have a safe trip home! - Joyce

Anonymous said...

Cathy-

Glad to hear you're having a good trip!! We've heard the same thing about the aquarium in atlanta - enjoy if you go! In the surreal corner - we saw the Oscar Meyer mobile on Duke's campus one day.....Strange:)

Carrie Anne

Cindy said...

I've saw that recently too. I guess there must be more than one!

To answer your question you left on my blog....I do all the stripping and sanding in my carport which is why I have to hurry and get projects done quickly. I think if I had a garage it would take me a lot longer to do.

Anonymous said...

So nice that you got to visit with your old friends.
Nothing like old ones as you have so many memories.
We were privileged to meet them when we visited you in Germany.
I was disappointed that there were no pictures but maybe they will come later.
Happy you went but are back home safely.
MOMkweotbez