Monday, July 21, 2008

Roughing it easy

Jordan Lake
The MegaStation!

Our camp site, Paul and Izabella relaxing


Lovely, shady campsite...right across from the bathrooms!



The men relax
Thought I would report on our weekend at the lake. Jordan is just 20 minutes from our home and such a lovely spot. We spent Friday-Tuesday nights out there just relaxing and enjoying the area. The younger set enjoyed the MegaStation and after they left, Paul, Fiona and I enjoyed it too! Not many folks out camping so we had the place to ourselves most of the time. Tent camping is alot of work, if you do it like we do, which is to take everything you own...just about! *whew*. We both agree that next trip we will pair down. We have to. This trip we loaded up the red pickup truck and the "W" to the brim! Took two coolers full of food and one cooler just for drinks...now I did bring food for 10, so that won't happen again and I brought dishes for that many too. We ate real good (smile). The megastation is what I would call a poor man's pontoon... it is a blast and when un-inflated it folds right up to a nice small size thankfully. I fixed taco salad, hambergers, steaks with baked potatoes, tuna salad, hotdogs and potato salad, lots of snacks and breakfasts too. Wore me out, I admit, but I also enjoyed doing the camping bit. Next trip will be a bit smaller and easier on the loading up...we have determined to take only what will fit in the "W" (that's our VW beetle), so will let you know how that works out!
ttfn
tts
cathy





1 comment:

Joyce Mineer said...

Now THAT'S the life! We're super close to Jordan Lake, too. But I can count on one hand the number of times I've/we've been there during the 6 years we've lived here! Shameful!