Thursday, September 27, 2007

Luncheon with friends

A "close-up" of place setting. I tied three sticks of Jill's ( from Bittersweet) soap sticks in a doilie and tied with string. I know they will love her soap!

One of my last 3 hydrangea's in the Fenton bud vase. Mixed up the china, some Homer Laughlin, other old Noritake, and some Fransiscan.


My friends Joyce and Linda, already busy chatting away! We enjoy our monthly gettogethers.

Luncheon Menu
Tossed baby greens with cucumbers, tomatoes

with strawberry vinaigrette dressing
Optional topping for salad, crumbled Gorgonzola and sliced toasted almonds
Horseradish/cheddar cheese and crackers
Baked Chicken Francais on Basmatti Rice

Asparagus

Hot rolls
Apple Tart with ice cream and caramel sauce

Wish you could have been there too!

Hello Everyone,
Had a great time getting ready for our luncheon. We usually go out to eat, but I thought this would be a fun break in routine and I enjoyed planning and preparing. Haven't done much entertaining and really should as I am fairly flexible in my daily schedule!
Tomorrow is Woody's 14th Birthday! He and his mom are going to a sushi restaurant for dinner...neither Paul nor I enjoy sushi, so we have invited them over for cake and ice cream after their dinner. Have invited the other cousins and aunts and uncles as well...but it is last min. and it is, after all, a Friday.....but 14 is getting up there......
Where did THIS WEEK GO???
Hope you have had a wonderful week...Did you see the full harvest moon? Awesome.
ttfn
tts
Cathy

1 comment:

Charly On Life said...

Hi Cathy, I read your comment on my blog a minute after you posted. I loved the real time and thank you for reading!! I love your title TAKING TEA SERIOUSLY. I have sat at your table!! ...a wonderful memory. Take good care! Charlyn